I thought I should change up my post titles to make things interesting. This update contains a few (relatively) minor fixes to v2.1.1, as well as other small changes. Note that many other changes were made in v2.1.1. If you’re just updating now, please see this previous post on v2.1.1 changes.
Major General Fix
- App now starts up noticeably faster (both on first start-up and subsequent start-ups). Less data now has to be stored in memory on start-up.
- Now displays multiple runs with differently-colored pins (e.g. Route 1 towards Canada Water Bus Station and Route 1 towards Tottenham Court Road are both shown while viewing Route 1 on a map).
- You can hide and show different runs too.
Online Journey Planner
- Fixed error with planning journeys to/from stops with “&” in their name (e.g. “Elephant & Castle”)
Offline Journey Planner
- Cleaned up data in the offline journey planner so it actually works more often with new stop names.
- Stop picking “by name” is now quicker on the offline journey planner
Minor General Fixes
- Fixed bug where music in the background would stop playing when the app was used.
- Changed default alarm sound to an alarm clock “beeping” sound that lasts 24 seconds. This applies to the “Next Bus” alarm and the “Wake me up when I reach my stop” alarm (though the latter alarm sound can be changed).
Thank you to everyone who left feedback and helped me find bugs. I very much appreciate having a helpful and constructive user base. If I missed your e-mail (i.e. I didn’t reply), please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org .